WashingtonLakes.com

Puget Sound Salmon

Have questions about Saltwater areas, boats, gear or techniques? This is the place for them.
Forum rules
Forum Post Guidelines: This Forum is rated “Family Friendly”. Civil discussions are encouraged and welcomed. Name calling, negative, harassing, or threatening comments will be removed and may result in suspension or IP Ban without notice. Please refer to the Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines post for more information. Thank you

Puget Sound Salmon

Postby jeff.arkell » Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:32 am

I am looking to finally get my boat out to touch some salt water next weekend, and was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on where to go around Puget Sound for salmon? Either Coho or Chinook. Some buddies and I are just looking to get out of the fresh water for a weekend and try our luck with some saltwater salmon fishing.

Thanks guy!
jeff.arkell
Angler

Re: Puget Sound Salmon

Postby rcthepirate » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:40 am

You really just have to read your regs man. Like I said before, the only option in north puget sound is the bubble. Further south, area 10 is open for catch and release right now, and area 11 and 13 are open for retention. And of course, as per the regulations, you can only use single point barbless hooks. For further details, bust open a regulations pamphlet.
rcthepirate
Lieutenant

Re: Puget Sound Salmon

Postby Matt » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:39 pm

Area 7, San Juan Islands opens July 1st for King Salmon retention and is usually VERY good on the opener. Target Rosario, Eagle Bluff or Strawberry Isl. Head to Cypress Island from Washington Park in Anacortes, you know you're there when you see the fleet of 300 boats. lol 120 feet of water, keep your gear right on the deck.

Tight lines.
Matt
Admiral

Return to Saltwater Fishing